New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How to learn sales?

Ask HN: How to learn sales?
503 by northpoleescape | 144 comments on Hacker News.
First time entrepreneur here. I am creating a product that will solve address a large potential. The more I think about it and read about startup, I am finding that a key to early and often success is Sales. I am been engineer by choice and engineering manager by profession. I have never done sales. I understand you learn by doing similar to driving. I am a bit talkative but sometime I have hard time not getting bogged down by emotions. How do I get started? Can you share books, videos, tutorials, prior recorded sales call references? Where can I learn about metrics to track? Any ideas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar waits on CPI, yuan bounces back from policy knock

President Ashraf Ghani launches Afghanistan's coronavirus vaccine campaign

Biden urges calm in first call with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas

Sindh govt seeks army's help in implementation of coronavirus SOPs

Biden and Xi discuss avoiding conflict in first phone call in 7 months

Low payments by fed govt hampered development in Sindh, CM Murad tells Bilawal Bhutto

Biden sends Ramazan greetings, says his govt will protect rights and safety of all people

Biden freezes giant UAE jet package, Saudi arms for review

Biden administration fights for $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief plan